Thursday, September 29, 2022 at 7:30pm
WSO’s artistic mission will be fully embodied in our Opening Night Gala Celebration for the 2022-23 season. This special event and concert will boast seven living American creators: soloists Christylez Bacon and Yo-Yo Ma, and composers Caroline Shaw, Enrico Lopez-Yañez, John Williams, and Evan Meier. These artists and composers represent a variety of stories, ages, backgrounds, genders and perspectives— but they will come together on this night to celebrate “American Stories.”
In addition, we’re pleased to host our Opening Night Gala before the concert in the Capitol Theatre Ballroom, featuring a seated dinner catered by The Fluted Mushroom, a cocktail hour with butlered hors d’oeuvres, and an open bar. Hors d’oeuvres and cocktails will be served at 5:30 pm, with the plated dinner beginning at 6:15. Attire is cocktail optional. If you have any questions, please reach out to the WSO box office.
Following the concert, we will return to the Ballroom for the Opening Night After Party, featuring an open bar, small plates, and entertainment TBA.
Currently, tickets to the Gala dinner are sold out, but there are still tickets available for the concert and the after party; see the pricing breakdown below for more details.
Pricing for the Gala is as follows:
- Gala Admission (includes the pre-show dinner, premium seating for the concert, and admission to the after party): $275-SOLD OUT
- Gala Admission (includes the list above)–Table for Eight: $2,000
- Tickets for the Gala are currently Sold Out. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the waitlist.
- Deluxe Concert Admission (includes premium seating and admission to the after party): $175-ON SALE NOW
- Concert Ticket Only: single tickets from $11 – $131.50 (Subscribers can purchase Concert Only tickets now; Concert Only tickets for the general public will go on sale August 1)
If you wish to reserve your ticket before August 1 by purchasing a Deluxe Concert Admission ticket or by becoming a WSO subscriber, email email@example.com or contact Lauren Baker, Customer Relations Manager, at 304-232-6191.
Sponsorship packages for the Opening Night Gala Celebration are available. If interested in sponsoring this event, please reach out to Diana Wizenreid at firstname.lastname@example.org.