Please contact us at (304) 233.7000 for additional information.
ADA Compliance Services
- The Capitol Theatre continues its effort to meet the needs of our disabled patrons as we comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Our services under this act include disabled parking, elevator access to the building, disabled seating areas, access to restrooms as well as earpiece listening devices for our hearing impaired patrons.
- Please call our Box Office at 304.233.4470 to purchase tickets or for questions/concerns about accessible seating.
- All restroom facilities at Capitol Theatre are accessible.
- Assistive Listening Devices (ALD)
- Assistive Listening Devices are available for guests with hearing disabilities at all Capitol Theatre event. To obtain an Assistive Listening Device, please visit our Box office location. Guests will be required to leave valid picture identification or credit card as collateral for the device.
- Wheelchairs are offered for use and our located inside the main office of the Capitol Theatre (valid drivers license must be deposited during period of use)
- Guests of Capitol Theatre must be 21 years of age or older to purchase and/or consume alcoholic beverages. The Capitol Theatre reserves the right to check proof of legal drinking age.
- There is a maximum of FOUR (4) alcoholic beverages per purchase at all concession stands and portable vendors.
- The Capitol Theatre has the right to discontinue the sale of alcohol at anytime during an event.
- A Capitol Theatre ATM is available for the convenience of all patrons in the Capitol Theatre Lobby/Main Entrance
Baby Changing Stations
- Baby changing stations are available in all restrooms on all seating levels.
- The Capitol Theatre does not issue or sell backstage passes to events. Backstage access is strictly limited and is arranged by tour management on a show-by-show basis.
Bags, Backpacks and Purses
- For security purposes, only small personal bags (purses, baby or diaper bags, etc) will be permitted inside Capitol Theatre and all items are subject to searches upon entrance.
- Large bags, coolers, backpacks and sealed packages (including gifts for performers and or athletes) of any kind are not permitted.
Bottles/Cans Outside Food
- No bottles, cans, coolers, or outside food are permitted inside the Capitol Theatre.
- Tickets are available for purchase at WesBanco Arena Box Office
- The Box Office is open Monday through Friday from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM, Saturday and Sundays closed (except for event days an hour before)
- On an event day, the Box Office hours vary. Hours are subject to change as a result of event times, holidays or inclement weather. Please 304.233.4470 for more information.
- Parking is available for buses transporting groups to the Capitol Theatre. For more information, please contact the Arena at 304.233.7000.
- Every event inside the Theatre has a camera policy will vary If allowed, The Capitol Theatre allows only small personal still-cameras equipped with 3 inch lens or smaller. Cameras with detachable lenses or flashes are not permitted. Video, audio and professional camera and recording devices are strictly prohibited in the building.
- Any photos used at the Theatre during public and or private events must have a disclosure statement signed off for use of photos inside the Theatre for purposes other than social media. The WesBanco Arena/Capitol Theatre also know as the Greater Wheeling Sports and Entertainment Authority has permission to use any photos taken at the Theatre as they deem necesary for Social Media, Displays, Rack Cards, Upcoming Events, Promoting the Theatre etc via, newspaper, TV, etc., if photographer wishes not to not comply fees may apply for photographer to take photos on property.
Children’s Ticketing Policy
- For most events, children under the age of two are not required to have a ticket. However, should you wish for your child to have their own seat, a ticket is required. Shows intended for a younger audience (i.e., Sesame Street Live, Disney Live!) require that children who have celebrated their first birthday have a ticket. Please check each event individually for age requirements.
- VISA, Discover, Mastercard and American Express credit cards are accepted at all merchandise and concession stands.
Door Guard and Ushers Services
- For your convenience, door guards are posted at every entrance of the Capitol Theatre
- Ushers are posted at strategic areas throughout the inside of the arena. Ushers will normally wear black Capitol Theatre pullover vests.
- For seat location, simply present your ticket to the nearest usher and they will escort you to your reserved seat.
- Doors generally open one (1) hour prior to the start of an event at the Capitol Theatre. Broadway Shows thirty (30) minutes. Please check the individual event page for further information. The Capitol Theatre has a no re-entry policy; once you leave the building during an event, you will not be permitted to return.
E-Cigarette / Vapor Cigarette
- The Capitol Theatre does not permit the use of E-Cigarettes/Vapor Cigarettes.
- In the event of an emergency, Capitol Theatre will utilize the public address (PA) system to inform guests of the situation and any instructions as applicable. All exits and emergency exits are posted with appropriate signage.
- “Like” US all the latest news and exclusive giveaways!
- “Tag” Us” we love that!
Fan Courtesy Policy
- The Capitol Theatre is committed to exceeding the expectations of every guest by delivering the best sports and entertainment experience with quality guest service and exceptional value at a world-class venue. As a means of creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for all guests, The Capitol Theatre asks for your assistance and compliance with the following:
- Abusive or foul language and obscene gestures directed towards other guests, arena employees, players, coaches, performers or officials.
- Clothing containing offensive language or indecent graphics.
- Intoxication or other signs of impairment related to alcohol or drug consumption.
- There is no smoking allowed in the Theatre. There is no Re-Entry if you walk outside the Theatre doors. It is one entry per scanned ticket.
- Banners or signs (when allowed) that obstruct the view of guests, obscure advertising or impede the operations of Capitol Theatre, contain objectionable subject matter or are commercial in nature. Capitol Theatre reserves the right to remove any banner or signage at any time.
- Prohibited entry items such as containers, food and beverage, air horns, weapons and laser pointers.
- Guests entering or attempting to enter restricted areas without proper authorization or credentials.
- Throwing objects, either within the seating section or onto event performance area.
- Guest who are disruptive to the event presentation, performance or game.
- Guests encountering difficulties and concerns are urged to contact Capitol Theatre staff immediately.
- Guests not abiding by this Fan Courtesy Policy are subject to ejection from the Capitol Theatre and in some cases subject to criminal prosecution
Food and Beverage
- No food or beverages of any kind are permitted to be brought into Capitol Theatre. Concessions stands located throughout the arena sell a wide variety of food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Patrons requesting to bring in outside food or beverage due to health conditions should contact customer service in advance at 304.233.7000.
- West Virginia State Law prohibits the sale of alcohol to all persons under the age of 21. Guests are required to show proper identification and proof of age when purchasing alcoholic beverages.
- Gift certificates are available at the WesBanco Arena Box Office or by calling 304.233.7000. Our gift certificates are good for the WesBanco Arena or Capitol Theatre Event ticket purchases only.
Lost and Found
- Located in the Administrative Office of the arena.
- Due to the large number of items, we will only store items for 30 days. At this time they are either donated to charity or simply discarded.
- If you’ve lost an item, simply contact Sonya Fedorko at 304.233.7000
Lost Parents / Lost Children
- If your child or children become separated from you don’t panic!
- Contact the nearest arena official. Most arena officials are equipped with 2-way communication radios. Therefore getting a description of your lost party to our staff happens the instant you approach us.
- Lost children are escorted to the Administrative Office and comforted by our admissions/management staff.
- During sporting events, announcements will be made over the public address system in an attempt to locate your lost party as quickly as possible.
- Many stage events do not permit public address announcements during the show.
- For most events, portable merchandise stands are available throughout the Capitol Theatre. These merchandise stands do accept most major credit cards and cash.
- The City of Wheeling parking garage is located on TENTH STREET. Parking for most events is $5.00 (cash only). The Capitol Theatre does not operate the City of Wheeling Parking garage for information or for lost, stolen or damaged items please call 304.232.5950
Scalping / Ticket Reselling
- Guests may not re-sell tickets at any price on Capitol Theatre property. To avoid issues with counterfeit, stolen, void or other invalid tickets, tickets should only be purchased from an authorized etix dealer or WesBanco Arena Box Office, Capitol Theatre Box Office, Wheeling Symphony Box Office, www.etix.com Online purchases can be made at www.etix.com or www.capitoltheatrewheeling.com
- Service animals that are specifically trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability are welcome in the WesBanco Arena. All service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness and be under control of the guest with a disability or designee. The service animal must rest in the seating area with the individual and not in the aisle.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Capitol Theatre for the safety and consideration of all guests.
- There is no smoking doors for HIGH SCHOOL EVENTS.
- There is NO Re-Entry if you leave to smoke. (One scan per ticket)
- The distribution of promotional items, handbills, flyers, pamphlets, printed materials, as well as the solicitation of signatures, is not permitted on Capitol Theatre property without proper authorization from management.
- Need a taxi after an event? Call Yellow Cab at 304.232.1313 or 304.232.5151
Uniformed Security / Police Security
- Uniformed security is provided throughout the building at all events. Security is provided by McKeen Security of St. Clairsville, OH
- On occasion, it is necessary to have on-duty police officers in the building. When necessary, the Capitol Theatre works directly with the Wheeling Police Department.
- Should you need assistance with a security related issue all security guards and police are uniformed and ready to assist you.
- Tickets ordered or prepaid can be picked up at the WesBanco Arena Box Office, or an hour before show time at the Capitol Theatre Box Office located in the lobby. Will Call windows open one hour prior to events and patrons must present valid photo identification when picking up tickets.
For additional info, please contact:
1015 Main Street
Wheeling, WV 26003
(304) 233.7000 Main
(304) 233.7001 Fax